How to attend a Webinar
What is a Webinar?
A webinar is a live hosted event which is broadcast to a select group of individuals using the Internet. It can also referred to as a “webcast”, “online event” or “web seminar”.
A webinar may include a presentation, live discussion, and a questions and answer session (polling). Most webinars will also have audio and video components.
Webinars on AlzEducate are presented using Adobe Connect. Within a course, a webinar may be identified by the following icon:
A webinar may have multiple sessions that you can register for. For example, the ODCTP Introduction Webinar usually has two sessions at different times on a single day. You can choose to attend the session that fits with your schedule.
Is my computer setup and connection sufficient to attend webinars?
How to take part in a Webinar
Register for a Webinar
The first step to attending your preferred webinar session is to register. To register for a webinar session, please follow these steps:
- Under the session Options, click "Register" for the session you wish to attend.
- On the next screen, click "Sign-up". You will then see a message that indicates you have successfully registered for the webinar session.
- Click "Continue" to return to the previous screen.
Join a Webinar
The option to join a webinar (meeting) is available 30 minutes before the meeting is set to start.
To participate in the webinar:
- The webinar session that you registered for should indicate your status as 'Booked'. Click "Join session" to join the online meeting.
- In some cases, a new window may open asking how you wish to identify yourself in the meeting. If not, please move on to the next step.
- Enter as a guest by entering your name and clicking "Enter room".
- Enter using your existing Adobe Connect account username and password.
- The Adobe Connect application will load and present your meeting room. The meeting will begin when your course instructor enters the room.
For more information on how to use Adobe Connect, please consult the following QuickStart guide.
I'm late for the webinar, how do I join?
To join a webinar session already in progress:
- You must have previously registered for that session
- You must be no more than 15 minutes late
The session will be displayed under the heading Previous Sessions. Click the Join session link to join the meeting in progress.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your session the Join session link will be unavailable. Please contact your course facilitator.
Previous webinar sessions are often recorded and for some webinars there may be a recording available for you to watch. To find a recording, look in the Previous Sessions section. If a recording is available, click Watch recording to launch the video.