How to Submit an Assignment from your iPad
As the iPad doesn't allow you to upload documents within the Safari browser, the process for submitting your assignment is different. Please follow these steps to download, edit and submit an assignment from your iPad.
To submit an assignment from your computer, please refer to How to submit an Assignment.
- Tap to open the assignment / worksheet document from your course.
- To download and edit the assignment file, you will need an app that is capable of editing Doc files. You can download and install the free Pages app for iOS from the App Store from here.
- When you open the file with the Pages app the word document will begin importing. This may take a few moments, so be patient.
- Once the document has been imported, you may be prompted that some of the fonts will be replaced. Tap Done to continue.
- Tap the assignment to begin editing.
- Once you have completed the assignment, you will need to copy the text so that you can paste it to the Online Text submission area. Tap and hold to display the popup menu; Tap Select All text.
- All the document text should now be highlighted. Tap Copy to copy the text.
- In the Safari browser, navigate to the Assignment Submission area activity. Tap Add Submission.
- Scroll down to the Online text submission area. Tap once in the text area to show the cursor; Once the cursor is showing, tap and hold to display the Paste option. Tap Paste.
- Once the text for assignment has been pasted into the Online text submission area, click Save changes to submit your assignment.
- Your assignment has now been submitted. Click Edit Submission if you wish to make any changes.
Last modified: Friday, 28 October 2016, 4:32 PM